Information relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, please know that we remain committed to providing you with the exceptional experience and service you expect from Autohellas - Hertz.
We are in communication with relevant authorities regarding coronavirus (Covid-19), and we are taking all necessary precautionary measures in order to protect our clients, employees and suppliers, as well as contributing to the interruption of the transmission chain.
- The Company follows thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental.
- Specific guidelines have been issued by the company’s management to all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection for prevention and protection against Coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
- All of our branches are equipped with antibacterial materials (wipes, gel) which will be available for all customers.
- In the event of a coronavirus affected client or employee involved in the day to day vehicle procedures and operations, the company has set up a process for immediate disinfection of the vehicle and facility, as well as proceeding with the relevant medical inspection of all employees that have been involved in the renting procedure.
- In addition, a Crisis Management plan has been organised in the event of a Coronavirus incident in the Company's Head Offices and branches.
It is also noted that any information with regards to possible incidents of Coronavirus are solely handled by the National Public Health Organization (NPHO) and the General Secretariat for Civil Protection (GSCP).
FAQs regarding my reservation
What if my plans change due to Coronavirus and the recent travel restrictions imposed by the Greek Government?
We know customers need greater flexibility to manage the constantly changing environment we are currently dealing with. Here are a few recent changes we’ve made to help you.
- If you need to return your vehicle to a different location, we will waive any rate changes.
What happens if I am required to self-isolate or I am quarantined following relevant authorities’ orders and cannot return a vehicle?
If this happens, please contact the location and avoid contact with the vehicle and the keys. We will arrange to collect the vehicle from a nominated address.
What if I have contracted the virus and in possession of a Hertz / Dollar /Thrifty or Firefly vehicle?
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you please notify the location that you picked-up the car, as soon as possible.
Is there a limitation in the number of passengers allowed in a vehicle?
According to relevant Ministerial Decisions in Greece, due to COVID-19 measures, a limitation in passengers of all Vehicles applies throughout the Country.
- For all Private Passenger Vehicles, there is a limit of 2 passengers in total (driver plus one passenger). There is an exception for families with children. All passengers must wear a mask.
- For Double Cabins, Mixed Use and VAN Type Vehicles, there is a limit of 3 passengers in total (driver plus up to two passenger). There is an exception for families with children. All passengers must wear a mask.
Exception: If all passengers are first and second degree relatives, as well as spouses and cohabitants, they are not obliged to wear masks.
Regarding the cleanliness & hygiene of your cars
Are you cleaning your cars any differently? Have any of your operational protocols changed?
The Company follows thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental. Specific guidelines have been issued by the company’s management to all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection for prevention and protection against coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
How are cars cleaned if a renter is a confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19?
We have implemented new cleaning protocols that include removing the vehicle from circulation and disinfecting through a third party in the case where a customer is suspected or known to have COVID-19.