Published at: 03/12/2009
Hertz customers have been offered the possibility to rent, along with a car, a portable Navigation System. This product is available at our stations, both at the «Athens Airport and the Airport of Thessaloniki and all over Crete. The navigation system can be requested when booking a car at the Hertz counter or when collecting the car.
Some information on the Portable Navigation System:
- It uses the Destinator software, which is the most advanced system.
- It navigates you with precision, using voice-guided turn-by-turn directions, around Attica, Thessaloniki, Patras, Crete, Volos, Ioannina, Larissa and Kavala, as well as all over the national and provincial road network of Greece.
- It provides voice and screen instructions in 11 languages (Greek, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Finnish and Swedish).
- It has the possibility of locating more than 35,000 points of interest, such as museums, archaeological sites, hospitals, pharmacies, embassies, hotels, petrol stations, police stations, public services, restaurants, clubs and many others.
- In addition to providing navigation while driving, the system also provides navigation instructions while walking. In other words, you can carry it with you and, with the help of its instructions, find the exact location of your point of interest, such as a museum, an archaeological site, etc.